Hi,

I have a form definition for two radio buttons named choices. I want
to loop through the radio buttons to perform a check with javascript
in the rendered html page, however due to the radio button _id's that
are rendered by the template, I cannot access them with javascript
using getElementById(). Wondering if anyone can suggest how to solve
this?

My form definition contains:

choices = forms.ChoiceField(label='Choices', required=True,
widget=forms.RadioSelect, choices=options)
options = (('good', 'Good'), ('bad', 'Bad'))

The rendered html is as follows:

<th>
  <label for="id_choices_0">Choices:</label>
</th>
<ul>
  <li>
    <label>
      <input id="id_choices_0" type="radio" name="choices"
value="good"/>
        Good
     </label>
  </li>
  <li>
    <label>
      <input id="id_choices_1" type="radio" name="choices" value="bad"/

        Bad
    </label>
  </li>
</ul>

My Javascript function is passed an object obj which contains a
choices paramater. obj.choices will be either "good" or "bad" so I
would normally be able to set it based on what is passed. My normal
approach would be to check the current setting by using
getElementById, then comparing to what is passed from obj.choices and
if equal, setting the relevant radio.

As I have two id's id_choices_0 and id_choices_1 I'm guessing that I
can't use id_choices_0 in getElementById as in previous worlds. Before
Django my radio buttons would only have one id which I would use to
reference.

 for (var i=0; i < document.getElementById('id_choices_0').length; i++)
{
  if (document.getElementById(id_choices_[i]).value == obj.choices)
document.getElementById(id_choices_[i]).checked = true;
 }

Can anyone help?