Hi all,

I'm a bit of a Django noob, coming from -- shudder -- PHP. I'm trying
to make an Ajax page that saves data from a form with a view that
requires authentication. This page also needs a lot of data that
depends on the user. I can't figure out how to get all this data back
together in a way that's at all secure, because Django doesn't
associate the requests made via javascript with data submitted
ordinarily by POST; I think this is because the javascript doesn't
send the cookies.

My best thought is to try to send the info in the session cookie in
the query string, and then manually reconstruct the user from the
session id in the view, but I can't figure out how to do this. Can
anyone give me more insight into how Django works that might help me
figure this out?

Thanks,
DS