I just released a new version of my django-based plotting framework to
http://sf.net/projects/django-dataplot. Here's one example of making a
plot in an app that tracks goals in a series of soccer games:

from dataplot import plotmodels as models
class Player(models.Model):
     name=models.CharField(max_length=100)
     goals_per_game=models.FloatField()
     win_percent=models.FloatField()
     MANAGER_DATAPLOTS=[
         (R.SquareScatter,{'get_plot_args':{
         'x':'goals_per_game',
         'y':'win_percent',
         'ann':'name',
         'main':"Does scoring a lot of goals make you win?"
         }})]

Django-dataplot takes care of the rest so you can just put this in your
template:

{{player.objects.SquareScatter.to_html}}

and a scatterplot image will show up on the web page, representing each
player as a point labeled by name, with average goals_per_game on the x
axis and win_percent on the y axis. So you can use the plot to easily tell
if high scoring means high likelihood of winning.

There are many other examples, and the system is quite extensible, so I
hope it will be able to help out some people in the community. I would
appreciate anyone who is interested in making plots/graphs on
Django-backed websites to download django-dataplot from sourceforge and
email me back with feedback and suggestions. Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,
Toby Dylan Hocking
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~tdhock