On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 16:28 -0400, Karen Tracey wrote:

>         Thanks.  Models file at: http://dpaste.com/41448/
>

> That  models.py has a couple of problems that make me think it can't
> really be the one you are running with.  __str__ for Artifact
> references self.rights_holder but there is no such field.  Similarly
> __str__ for ArtifactInstance references a commented-out field which
> would also cause problems.  If I fix those up (they cause errors
> different from the one you report) by removing the references to
> things that don't exist, I cannot recreate any problem retrieving the
> Artifacts associated with a Display.  (I tried with Django 0.96 since
> I'm guessing that is what you are running based on the use of __str__
> and maxlength instead of __unicode__ and max_length, but also did a
> quick test with current SVN and saw no problems there either, just
> deprecation warnings for maxlength.)
>
> So...what's different between the models.py you are actually using and
> the one posted?  Answering that might shed some light on what's going
> on in your case.  If you are fiddling with the models are you
> remembering to re-sync the database?  (Though the error you report
> didn't get as far as the DB.)
>
> Karen

So it did.  I had stripped down my original one to get rid of a couple
hundred lines of unimportant cruft, but accidentally created some
inconsistencies.  However, I ran it again before submitting and didn't
get any errors except the one I mentioned before.  I just now went in
and deleted all my .pyc files and tried again, and still got the
TypeError I reported originally.

However, just to be sure, I cleaned up the models, deleted the pyc
again, and re-dpasted my models and a fresh interactive session.

http://dpaste.com/41467/ -- models.py
http://dpaste.com/41468/ -- complete interactive session (via django's
manage.py shell)

Python 2.3.4 (#1, Nov 20 2007, 15:18:15)

>>> django.VERSION
(0, 96, None)

Running on RHEL5 with a MySQL db.

Thanks for your patience.