Sorry for the spam here, but I came across something going through the
code switching process that I think may actually call for more than
the standard MtM Field.

What happens if you need to add additional fields to your join table?

For example, let's say you had an employees table and a projects
table, and Employees to Projects is MtM.  A new project gets added and
the decision is that everyone from department 'x' is going to have
this project added to their join table.  We also want to keep track of
some extra data on the join table like "Hours worked" that tell us how
many hours each employee has worked on a particular project.  Is there
a way to do this without creating a custom join table and iterating
over the employees one by one?

I realize you could just as easily select all these employees and then
iterate over them, but it feels like an ugly solution to me, I guess.
Maybe it's just a stylistic concern.

Thanks again and sorry for the noise,
Brian