Hello!

I'm hoping to get an idea on how to approach a system setup I've been
thinking about.

In this system:
 - a group of users each has it's own Django site and database.  (e.g.
Group A has access only to Site A, etc)
 - each Django site shares common application code.
 - all users log in via a common portal and are 'redirected' to their
respective sites (I'm using contrib.admin in my example, so they're
redirected to their admin)

Ideally, this common portal would be seamless to the user. They log in
and immediately see their admin.

Couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to set up a portal in such away that the user login
information can be then used to authenticate them against their site?
I suspect I'd have to duplicate user entries, e.g. UserA would be in
the portal db as well as SiteA db. Ideally I'd want one interface to
manage all users, so redundant entries doesn't appeal.

2. Can I make this seamless? I would like users to use example.com,
login, and then, with the same url, utilize their site. I'm currently
using Apache+mod_python, but I have full access to a test server so
anything is possible. I was looking through Apache modules and read
through the proxying docs. Basically I can imagine hosting each Django
instance separately, via Lighttpd or another Apache instance, and
proxying, but the way I understand proxying, its a mapped address
(e.g. /myuser -> 127.0.0.1:someport), but I'd rather not have the /
myuser url.

If any of this is unclear, let me know.

Thanks,

Fred/hambaloney