i have a site that lists candidates for mayor, on the page i have
biographical information, also i want to include recent news for that
candidate. i have news setup as a class in the models.py that has a
ManyToMany relationship with the candidates (since plenty of news
stories cover multiple candidates).

i know how to use and setup templatetags and use them, what i am
unsure of is how to use them to get the news item for that candidate.

so for example if we have candidate John Doe we have his page at
www.mysite.com/candidates/john-doe/ that page would have his
biographical information, on the right column i'd like to have the 10
most recent news stories that are related to John Doe...