On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 06:13 -0300, Marinho Brandao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had tryied several ways a lot of time trying to localize my URLs,
> like in django-authopenid [1]
>
> but I had have the same result: when I change the current language,
> everything works but URLs stills in old language. When I restart
> server, it works, but when I change again, the same happens...
>
> am I wrong trying to localize URLs or am I forgotting something important?
>
> example of my URLs:
>
> urlpatterns = patterns('',
>     url(r'^%s' % _('channels/'), include('apps.videos.urls.channels')),
> }

That code is only going to be executed once: when the URL configuration
is imported. Not on every request. So it won't work as you expect.

If you really want to supply URL aliases like this, you'll need to do
the processing in your view to work out which URL they really requested
and dispatch that appropriately. That would be a very large amount of
work, since you'd have to accept pretty much any legal string and then
the view works out if it's valid or not and you would essentially be
reimplementing the URL dispatcher from Django.

This isn't impossible, but it's not something Django provides out of the
box.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
The cost of feathers has risen; even down is up!
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/