I just commented out the ordering, and it's bringing up the same
error.

When I try looking at the Events list (to check if anything was
added), and got a Template syntax error. (see below)
I used an SQLite admin program to check out what was in the
calendar_Events table and found nothing.

I have a couple of other projects on the same install (for
experimentation) and they all appear to be working.
I'm using .96

Template syntax error:
TemplateSyntaxError at /admin/calendar/event/
'admin_list' is not a valid tag library: Could not load template
library from django.templatetags.admin_list, cannot import name isleap
Request Method:         GET
Request URL:    http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/calendar/event/
Exception Type:         TemplateSyntaxError
Exception Value:        'admin_list' is not a valid tag library: Could not
load template library from django.templatetags.admin_list, cannot
import name isleap
Exception Location:     C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\django\template
\defaulttags.py in load, line 750