I am only partially understanding what you are trying to accomplish,
but in general you would put calls to static media files from your
templates. There are some ways of including javascript files with
custom widgets, but that's still a relatively new feature and in the
case of most newforms a call from a template is pretty good.

Hope that helps,

Michael