Hi,

I have this very wired problem and I just can not figure out why it is
happening.
Newfroms seem to not send the "initial" value for a field on the 1st
load of the view.

This is the code:
http://dpaste.com/42561/

its "just" a form
and a view that calls the form.

The problem lies with adding the initial runtime values to some of the
form fields. The code is from line 59 onwards.

What happens:
I load the view page for this form, and I get an empty form (again
this happens some times but not every time!!?), I press F5 and
suddenly the form has the inital data in the fields.

if I do a "print testform" in my view (after the data should be loaded
in) it prints the form in the console but I can see it is missing the
"Value" attribute. If i refresh it is there.

I dont think it is a caching issue as django it self is not sending
the "value" in the testform object on 1st load. but on 2nd load it
does.

I have checked with various print statements that the data is there
which it is!
I have removed the "if Post" and split the view up so I only call
"render a fresh form with initial data".
I have disabled Cache in the browser(s) (ie7,ff,safari).
I have disabled Cache in the view.
Calling the URL return html 200 code which should be correct.

Running the latest Django svn with the dev server (but it also happens
when I run it via our apache live setup).

Also if I get the form to load data, than log out and login as some
one else and go to the same form it has the Initial data of the user
before in it!! and I need to refresh 2 again to get the current users
data.

Once the data is in there it all works greate, validation and so on is
all fine.

I getting really frustrated with this issue and can not find any thing
regarding this online or in the django groups. And I just can;t see
where the code is wrong or why it would not load the data every time
view is loaded with out a post.

Please any comments/help will be really appreciated!