This I think contains the main views.
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/contrib/admin/views/main.py
line 769
def change_list(request, app_label, model_name):

seems to be the view you need to copy and every thing that is attached
to it.

I have not gotten for in my implementation yet but will try and spend
some time on it now, will let you know if I get any progress/success
with this..

If any one else has done this would be handy  to see  how.