About
"1) how do I get Django to generate those form elements for me so I
don't
have to do it by hand
2) how do I get Django to process those values when they come in. "

you can look at those articles belows:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/newforms/
http://code.pui.ch/2007/01/07/using-djangos-newforms/