I recently got my first django project set up on webfaction and am feeling
the constraint of their memory usage limits.
For example:

I have a view that returns a list of objects:

def get_meet_results(request, meet_id):
    meet = Meet.objects.get(pk=meet_id)
    year = meet.start.year
    result_list = Result.objects.filter(meet=meet).order_by('event','score')
    return render_to_response('meets/meet_results.html', {'year':int(year),
'meet':meet, 'result_list':result_list})

result_list.count() is about 1500 on average.  In the template, the result
list is looped through and a table row is printed for each result.  This
renders and loads relatively fast, but uses what seems to me to be a very
large amount of memory.  Memory usage jumps up about 30 megabytes after
or am I doing something extremely inefficient?  I realize that I'm not
giving a lot of information, but if I could get a general opinion of whether
or not this seems normal, I'd really appreciate it.  Let me know if I need
to clarify or expand on what I've said.

Also, in the template, my variables can get pretty complex:  (example:  {{
result.competitor.relay.athletes.all.2.id }}).  Is this something I should
try to avoid (and if so, how)?

Thanks,
Garrett