Django Fans,

I started out planning to convert one or two dynamic pages of a local
canine agility club's web site which I act as webmaster for to Django to
see if I really liked Django and to get an idea of how long it would take
to convert the whole site.  Well, in just under a week I ended up
converting the whole site.  Not bad considering I was learning as I went
and spent a good bit of that time trying to locate silly mistakes that
were staring me in the face the whole time. Admittedly the site in it's
present state is fairly simple.  The photo gallery, upcoming events, and
brags sections of the site are the only areas that are currently database
driven.  Everything else is static pages.  And, there's almost no web
based admin interface.  I use some shell scripts to handle adding photos
to the photo gallery section and a clipper(xBase) program to enter
upcoming event and brag entries.  The program then generates the necessary
sql to insert/update the changes to the sql database.  My goal at this
point was to just duplicate the existing functionality.  I've hardly done
any customization to the Django admin interface but have already used it
to correct a couple of items.  Our existing site, currently PHP based, and
poorly written PHP at that, is at:

http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org

And, the new Django version can be seen at:

http://Test.WacoAgilityGroup.org

I'm just waiting for a few more group members to review it before I move
it into production.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org