After looking into that for a while, I can't seem to understand what
works and what not...

** From the file README within the project's checkout:
The helper provides the following functionality:

  * The ability to use most manage.py commands
  * A BaseModel class that appears the same as the standard Django Model
class.
  * The ability to serialize and deserialize model instances to JSON,
YAML and XML.
  * Access to Django's test framework with a test datastore and support
for fixtures.

Right. What does the BaseModel do then? Can I use it, inherit my models
from it, and code them the django-way and everything works? Is that the
intended way, but not-yet-working?

~ Chris