On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:06 AM, martyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Fedora Core 4 and MySQL as my database for Django.
> I installed mysql-python from here
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/MySQL-python-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm
> Then I run Django (the dev version - 0.97-pre-SVN-unknown) and it
> tells me this :
>
> ""ImproperlyConfigured: MySQLdb-1.2.1p2 or newer is required; you have
> 1.2.0""
>
> I can't find any mysql-python-1.2.1 for FedoraCore4.
> If someone knows the problem, thanks for helping me.

If there is no prepackaged mysqldb 1.2.1 for the OS you are running, you
have two options:
1 - download and build/install it yourself
2 - specify mysql_old instead of mysql as your database backend.  Note,
thought that there were known problem with the old version that led to
requiring the new one, so you might run into problems with this approach.  I
think the problems were threading-related, so you may or may not hit them
depending on your own setup.

Karen