Hi, all!

I am fairly new to Django, but I think I've looked rather thoroughly
at the available documentation, and couldn't come up with an answer,
so I'll ask here, and please forgive me if it's a FAQ.

I would like to do basically two things, both are related to the admin
views and to users. The situation is that I have a model with the user
as a foreign key. I would like to:

1. show to the user only the records that belong to this user (i.e.
have his username as the value of the key field)
2. show in the list and add/change view only the fields that the user
has chosen in his preferences (and, while at that, get the caption of
several of these fields from the preferences as well)

Also, I wonder whether it is possible to combine the list and the add/
change views, that is: to have a view, that has first the add/change
stuff, and then - the list of last several items.

I understand more or less how to do all of this with my own views, but
ideally I would like to do it using the admin views - I feel I'm 80%
there, and I'd loath to redo it all by myself.

Thanks a lot in advance!