in views:
get the username
set a variable named media-root to be an absolute url, not relative
(where static media lives, not django-processed stuff)
send username to a function that returns a list of image-paths
relative to the media-root
concatenate the media-root variable to this list of paths
pass the list of paths to the template
have the template load the images using these absolute urls

you will also have to configure apache's httpd.conf file such that it
recognizes this media-url
google "static media django" and you'll find the right page for this