Hi,

We have a newsletter app which sends a bulk of a thousand emails every
fortnight to our subscribers. Subscribers can choose to receive the
newsletter in HTML of plain text format. The name of each subscriber
is added at the top of the message (e.g. "Dear Mr. Smith, blabla").

One of our subscriber has a name with special characters, 'č' and 'ć',
and the sending always fails. I get the error:

exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError - 'ascii' codec can't encode character
u'\u010d' in position 171: ordi

I'm using smtp.sendmail(). Is there any way to send an email including
that sort of characters?

Thanks a lot!

Julien