Hello,

I'm working on my first "not-only-a-toy-for-learning" Django project.

I'm building an app where my model have two objects that I want to
have a "notes" related object: a "Host" and a "Network" object, where
both could have a "Notes" object tied to it (so I could add notes
about this Host or Network in my app).

Should I have one common and "shared" Notes object, or a separate
Notes class for every class that need a Notes functionnality?

What is the best practice about things like this? I have a few other
example in my app where this choice would apply.

Is it best to have a Host and HostNote class, a Network and
NetworkNotes class, etc., one for every class needing Notes? Or to use
a "central" Notes object?

If I choose to share the Notes object, how will I described this in my
Django model?

A HostNote would have looked like:

class HostNote(models.Model):
   title = CharField(...)
   text = CharField(...)
   host = ForeignKey(Host)

But how should I build the model if the object can be linked with n
number of class? I don't feel like something like this will scale:

class Note(models.Model):
   title = CharField(...)
   text = CharField(...)
   host = ForeignKey(Host, null=True)
   network =  ForeignKey(Network, null=True)
   etc.

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry if this is something fundamental
I did'nt catch

Benoit Caron