On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 02:20 -0700, Berco Beute wrote:
> Using: Latest from trunk
>
> I'm using a custom widget for datetimefields:
>
> ======================================
> #models.py
> class Event(models.Model):
>     endDateTime = models.DateTimeField('Finish', blank=True,
> null=True)
>

> #forms.py
> class EventForm(forms.ModelForm):
>     endDateTime = forms.DateTimeField(widget=DateTimeWidget)
>
>     class Meta:
>         model = Event
>
> ======================================
>
> But somehow the 'endDateTime' field is still required when rendering
> the form

All form fields default to required=True and you haven't changed that in
your EventForm. You need to pass required=False to the form field if you
don't want it to be required.

>  and the label is 'endDateTime' instead of 'Finish'.

That's also expected. You have replaced the default form field with one
of your own. On your replacement field, you haven't specified a label,
so it uses the attribute name as the label. The new 'endDateTime' field
you have specified in the form completely replaces any default form
field that Django might otherwise have generated from your model for
that field. It doesn't merge the two in some undefined manner. If you
want it to have a custom label, you'll need to specify that on the form
field.

Regards,
Malcolm

--