Hi,
A year or two ago I created a small web application in django.  I've
now brought it out of retirement and am trying to get it up and
running with the latest svn trunk code.  I realize there have been
many changes to django in the mean time, however, the error I am
getting just doesn't make sense to me.  According to google, there is
a bug ticket which mentions this error message but I don't understand
what it is saying.

I get the following error when I try to go to a django based webpage:

AttributeError at /report/1/
'dict' object has no attribute 'autoescape'

(/report/1/ is a path I have set up with template, etc.)

If any one can make sense of the following errors, please take a look:

Environment:

Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.4.239:8000/report/1/
Django Version: 0.97-pre-SVN-7435
Python Version: 2.4.3
Installed Applications:
['django.contrib.auth',
 'django.contrib.contenttypes',
 'django.contrib.sessions',
 'django.contrib.sites',
 'django.contrib.admin',
 'django.contrib.humanize',
 'kublai.reports']
Installed Middleware:
('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
 'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware')

Template error:
In template <unknown source>, error at line 1
   Caught an exception while rendering: 'dict' object has no attribute
'autoescape'
   1 : hello world,  {{yo}}

Traceback:
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/template/debug.py" in
render_node
  71.             result = node.render(context)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/django/template/debug.py" in
render
  94.         if (context.autoescape and not isinstance(output,
SafeData)) or isinstance(output, EscapeData):

Exception Type: AttributeError at /report/1/
Exception Value: 'dict' object has no attribute 'autoescape'

What is the error?  What do I need to start looking at?

If you are looking for an internship in the New York area, as long as
you are comfortable with databases, unix environment, python and
django, email me :)  Your first job will be to get this running :)

Thanks