On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 17:27 -0700, Scott McCracken wrote:
> Please excuse my apparent inability to figure out local server issues.
> I would simply like to use Markdown to format text in my Django app:
> * I have Django setup locally (OS X), with 'django.contrib.markup'
> added to my INSTALLED_APPS.
> * I installed python-markdown by following the official instructions
> at http://www.freewisdom.org/projects/python-markdown/
> * I tested the installation of markdown by going to a command line,
> and typing the following without errors:
>
> $python
>
> I start getting errors when I try and apply the actual filter to
> content in my template. In this case, I'm trying to apply markdown to
> the body text of my flat page template (simplified template below):
>
> {% load markup %}
> {{ flatpage.content|markdown }}
>
> When I load that page, I get the following error:
>
> AttributeError at /test/
> 'module' object has no attribute 'markdown'
> Exception Location: ... /python2.4/site-packages/django/contrib/markup/
> templatetags/markup.py (i added the dots to shorten the path)

That doesn't give enough information to know which line of markup.py
caused the error, however. So a bit more information is needed here.

Also, it's going ot be important to know which version of markdown and
which version of Django you're using, I suspect.

> I assumed at first the issue was markdown.py wasn't on my PYTHONPATH,

Were you checking the Python path that the webserver was using? That
isn't the same as your shell's PYTHONPATH variable (unless you're
running the development server from the shell).

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Borrow from a pessimist - they don't expect it back.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/