Sorry, there was an error in the previous message:

With the following model:

class Candidate(models.Model):
     name = models.CharField(max_length=100,unique=True)
     file =
models.FileField(upload_to="curriculums/%Y/%m/%d",max_length=300)

     def _get_FIELD_url(self,field):
         return "http://www.google.es";
         if getattr(self, field.attname): # value is not blank
             import urlparse
             return urlparse.urljoin(settings.MEDIA_URL, getattr(self,
field.attname)).replace('\\', '/')
         return ''

when I do object.get_file_url(), http://www.google.es is returned, as
expected

but with the following one:

class Candidate(models.Model):
     name = models.CharField(max_length=100,unique=True)
     curriculum =
models.FileField(upload_to="curriculums/%Y/%m/%d",max_length=300)

     def _get_FIELD_url(self,field):
         return "http://www.google.es";
         if getattr(self, field.attname): # value is not blank
             import urlparse
             return urlparse.urljoin(settings.MEDIA_URL, getattr(self,
field.attname)).replace('\\', '/')
         return ''

when I do object.get_cirriculum_url(), I don't get the same result than
with
the first one.

The only difference is the field name.

am I missing something here? what could be happening?

NOTE: Database is destroyed/recreated on each test.

Thanks.