Greetings.

I'm working on a Django application and would like
to be able to write a stand-alone Python program
that calls my Django application directly.

Accomplishing like seems to require me to import
the project settings file, which I've figured out
how to do.  However, I'm still looking for how
to satisfy the rest of the requirements (which
are probably what 'python manage.py shell'
does for me...).

I have the Python script in the application's
directory and am using some silly manipulation
of sys.path to import the module named 'settings'
in the previous directory (which is the Django
project directory).

It looks like I need to set some environment
variables.  Here's the error message I'm getting
when I try to import the application's models:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:$ python batch_process.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "batch_process.py", line 16, in ?
    import models
  File
"/home/nfs/aball/devel/power_reg/trunk/power_reg_2/pr2_core_services/models.py",
 line 6, in ?
    from django.db import models
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/db/__init__.py", line 7, in ?
    if not settings.DATABASE_ENGINE:
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/conf/__init__.py", line 28, in
__getattr__
    self._import_settings()
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/conf/__init__.py", line 53, in
_import_settings
    raise EnvironmentError, "Environment variable %s is undefined." %
ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE
EnvironmentError: Environment variable DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is undefined.

Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Peace,
Andrew