On May 1, 10:04 am, "Guillaume Lederrey"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This of course doesnt work because the request isnt in the scope. I
> could redefine a view in my views.py and do the work on the request
> manually, but i have a feeling there is a solution to do that directly
> in my urls.py.

Sorry, there isn't a way to get at the request object in your urlconf.
You'll have to make a wrapper around the generic view -- when the
wrapper is small, I often just put it in my ``urls.py``::

    from django.conf.urls.defaults import *
    from whereever.youput.create_update import update_object

    urlpatterns = patterns('',
        ('^pattern/$', 'path.to.this.urlconf.mywrapper'),
    )

    def mywrapper(request):
        return update_object(request, ...)