Maybe are wanting to populate that field automatically and you are
looking for a custom save() method?  This would do the trick:
def save(self):
   self.first_name = self.user.first_name
   super(Student, self).save()

You will also want to add blank=True or editable=False to the
CharField arguments, probably the latter, since if you are doing this
the the prepopulation from the user.first_name field is going to
override anything that is input in a form anyway...