Are there any Python/Django methods that represent generic database
commands such as creating a new table, renaming or dropping a column,
etc.?  My thinking is that if these generic methods existed, so that
all I needed to do was specifiy the correct info abt my DBMS in the
Settings file, I could create my own migrations as custom Views.  I
could invoke these via the web as well after having copied my latest
code to my production server.

If these methods do not exist, how difficult would it be to create
them?

Jack