On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Martin Diers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 5, 2008, at 8:56 PM, Timothy Wu wrote:
> > Sounds like you need to update your Django models.
> >
> > I ran manage.py reset appname.  All the problems I describe still
> > remain. The admin interface is still having problems.
> >

> No, resetting the app will not help if your models.py file still
> contains models for the tables you no longer need.
>
> In fact, resetting the app would have re-created the tables you no
> longer want, because they were still contained in your model. You will
> need to delete them from the model, end then drop the tables from our
> database yet again, or run reset once more.

I'm sorry, could someone gives me a clarification?

Maybe I should describe it more clearly. My models.py and my database ARE in
sync and they're with the tables and the fields I want. It's the admin
interface that's out of sync, it's showing a table not existing in the
database and mode, and when I tried to edit that table in the admin
interface it will say:

Something's wrong with your database installation. Make sure the appropriate
database tables have been created, and make sure the database is readable by
the appropriate user.

What I am hoping to do is just to start the admin interface all over from
scratch (in a clean slate) as if I've never used it, including creating the
user account.

Does django offer a facility to doing that?