Thanks for the input Christian. The question of filtering the
Collections for the particular user was one I dealt with, and I
recognize your site as one that did help me on that question a few
days ago.

Now, I want to have two form inputs related to selecting a Collection
on a form to create new Items. The first input is the standard select
box that {{ form.collection }} generates from a form based on the Item
model.

However, I also want to let the user enter a name for a *new*
Collection, not select an existing from the list, and handle that case
while processing the form.

Thanks for the input!

dc