Hi all,

I'm a CS-graduate, but out of the game for a while, and a beginner at
web programming. I've written database apps to generate static HTML
pages. I could do with some pointers.

I have a working site, written by someone else, to maintain and
develop:

www.behandlerlisten.dk

It's a site for Danish alternative therapists, implemented using raw
Python, PostgreSQL and LibXSLT. The plan is to internationalise and
extend it in various ways.

I want to port it to Django, bit by bit, leaving the old site live,
with new pages handled by Django operating side by side with old page
handled by the old behandlerlisten code. We would then gradually move
over entirely to Django.

In the mean time I might want Django to handle

.../therapists/nick_mellor.html

but the old behandlerlisten to handle:

.../resultat?ids=1007

I think Django will raise an exception if it meets a pattern it can't
handle. Is this true?

How can I get Django to handle some URL patterns, and leave others to
the "old" site code?

Many thanks for any hints to get me going.

Nick