This is my 'problem',

I have a paginator object created like this: (example with 40 objects, but
in practice we are talking about several hundred objects)

paginator = Paginator(queryset,5)
paginator.page_range
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8]

Some objects on page 1 link to objects on page 6. When a user jumps from
page X to Y I would like to keep the pagination structure intact such that
the user may paginate back and forth between page 1 and 6 to see what is in
between. Basically this boils down to the following question:

how to find out what the page number would be of specific object that is
part of the given queryset. Something like

paginator.is_on_page(object) would return page 6 if object is element 31 of
the given queryset.

Any suggestions how to implement this?