On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:48 AM, finnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I need to create a custom authentication backend that will
>  authenticate user based on the HTTP headers for the request. But in
>  django manual I don't see any way to obtain HttpRequest instance in
>  the authenticate() method.
>  For example, if I receive a request with http header USER_NAME equal
>  to "admin", I would like request.user to return admin User instance
>  for me.
>  Any ideas how I can implement this behaviour?

You may want to take a look at [1]ticket 689 that implements integration of
Django authentication with pre-existing authentication systems implemented
at the Web server by using the REMOTE_USER variable handed by it.

If you decide to follow this way, please share your experiences about
it (regarding functionality, documentation suitability, etc.).

Regards,

--
 Ramiro Morales

1. http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/689