Sorry, I don't know the exact answer but I can point you in right direction.

templates always use dot notation for dictionary access

tag_dict.document.uid

But I don't think that will work inside a "for" tag and also won't work
cause you want the document.uid to be key not "document".

The workaround I'm aware of is the "with" tag.

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/templates/#with

something like this

{% with document.uid as uid %}
   {% for doctag in tag_dict.uid %} {{ doctag.tagid }} {% endfor % }
{% endwith %}

An alternative is to pass in a context var that already has the list you
want.

--
Norman J. Harman Jr.  512 912-5939
Technology Solutions Group, Austin American-Statesman