On May 17, 7:37 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I managed to get memcached up and running in about 5 minutes, so
> whilst it does involve more setup than locmem I wouldn't say it's
> difficult to the point of not being worth doing.

Thanks for that. I'll likely give it a try.

> Memcached is basically more efficient in general and supports
> clustering which makes it much better for scalability

But if you aren't clustering, say you have only a single server, is
there an advantage?

I turned on locmem today, but I don't think it is working. How can I
tell? I looked at my site with two browsers, one logged into admin,
and the other as anonymous. I made changes to the site as admin, and
the anonymous guy picked them up immediately.

Here are my settings:

CACHE_BACKEND = 'locmem:///?timeout=3600'
CACHE_MIDDLEWARE_SECONDS = 3600
CACHE_MIDDLEWARE_KEY_PREFIX = ''
CACHE_MIDDLEWARE_ANONYMOUS_ONLY = False

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.cache.CacheMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware',
)