> i am new to Django.After installing Django, i tried to create a new
> project called 'startproject' by giving the command-
> 'django-admin.py startproject mysite'
>
> the above command gave this error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Django-0.96.2.tar\Django-0.96.2\Django-0.96.2\django\bin
> \django-admin.py", line 2, in <module>
>     from django.core import management
> ImportError: No module named core

This sounds symptomatic of not having your $PYTHONPATH set to
include the location where Django is held.  To check it, try

   Windows:
   C:\> echo %PYTHONPATH%

   *nix:
   bash$ echo $PYTHONPATH

Another alternative might be failure to have read-access to the
target directory?  (Say, if you installed as root/admin, but the
target directory didn't grant your day-to-day user permissions to
read from it)

> 1) I  updated the environmental variable.

which environment variable?  To what value?  and if it's
correctly a path, what is at that path?

> 2)i reinstalled both python and Django

How did you install Django?  via an install-script (such as
"setup.py install") or via a SVN checkout?

-tim