It's possible to use Django (trunk, best against 7540 or better to get
the most recent security fixes) against SS2005 with the caveat that
there is no core support for doing this.

I'm maintaining an external database backend here:
http://code.google.com/p/django-mssql/

That backend works well enough for the work I'm doing, though our site
is mostly read-only against a "legacy" database, so not every corner
of Django's ORM has been tested it.

I'd certainly welcome bug reports (and patches.)

(For what it's worth, we're deploying on Windows XP (dev machines) and
Server 2003, Apache 2.2.6, and mod_python, and I'm working on some
"continuous integration" pieces with CruiseControl.NET. If there was
any interest I could write up some of our set-up instructions.)

-Adam Vandenberg