Hi,

> You did not say what the view code does do. Does it raise an exception
> whose trace you can share?
Thx for answering
No, this was the most confusing thing and what made me think it was an
apache permission problem. I fired up the dev server and the code ran
so i then hunted around the web for the words apache/permissions and
problems and i found out that i needed to set some executable bits
like
chmod -R o+r /home/ian/Web/themes
find /home/ian/Web/media/themes -type d | xargs chmod o+x

> Also, your themegen.py contains a bunch of catch-all exception
> clauses. That's not a good idea because it is most likely hiding the
> source of your problem here. Basically, either remove those
> try...except...blocks or qualify the except clause with specific
> expected errors. Also, you might want to print out the stack trace
> right after you catch an exception.
good advice :)

Ian

--