We are using our own intermediary table for a many-to-many relationship
so that we can store additional information about the relationship
itself, and we are just embarking on a thorough overhaul of this app's
code. In the existing project, we heavily modified change-list and
change-form templates to use in the admin, and we've got a big, clunky
save function that grinds through everything well enough. But we have
hopes of making the world a better place a few lines of code at a time.

Is there anything about the newforms-admin branch that might make it
easier to do this sort of thing in a more Django-y way?  I just read
through Steven Wilcox's presentation about the newforms-admin, and it
seems like hooking up with that branch would be a good thing. But I was
wondering if the situation we have with an independent intermediary
table is enough of an outlier that we will still be doing a lot of
things on our own.

Dave