Hi Omat,

Does your HistoricDateField implement the compress(self, data_list)
method and _not_ the clean(self, value) method? See the implementation
comments in django.newforms.fields.MultiValueField. The compress
method should also return the compressed value of the historic date
(i.e. one value representing the historic date based on the multivalue
input)  and that value should be available in the cleaned_data.

-Robin