Being new to web development I was wondering what the best resource
would be for web design patterns implemented in django, js, ajax,
dojo.

Specifically -- I am interested in dynamic drop down list, where the
list items come from my database, but are links that allow one to
drill down.  Each link would invoke and new quiery to the database and
generate a new list which generates new quieries..etc.

current I have a working web site using linux, apache, django, and
mysql. I have read the django book, and looked at some sites on the
web that implement django.

Can anyone suggest where I might find a good reference or example of
dynamic dirill down lists implemented in django?

Also -- the most current design patterns for things that are common
such as rollovers, random banners, menus and such.  Does anyone have
good tutorials on such subjects that they can recommend.

Thanks

James