sebey wrote:
OK so as you may see I have a lot of questions in helping build my
django project so here they are

   1. with models do just create the fields that you need?
More or less-- yes
   2. how can I import rss feeds(i am running a podcast network) from
other sites/soures?(models,views,admin etc)
When you say "import rss feeds" that could mean several things. It looks like you basically want an rss client that is written in django. There might be a project like that already, there might not. You'd need to find or write python code that can understand the rss feed itself. You can probably get articles to be stored in a django model. I'd really need to know more of what you are trying to do to give the answer you want.
   3. I want to make an email newsletter and I want to know how to
make an email list in django?
django isn't designed to be a mass-emailing system. It can do it, but it is very slow compared to using mailing list software. Mailman is written in python, and you can have django send off the one e-mail to the mailman-driven list. If mailman doesn't suit your needs, you can either put up with the slowness that happens when sending thousands of e-mails from django's e-mail function, use a different python library to handle the e-mail, or write your own python code optimized for sending out mass e-mails.
         2. also maybe have django make extra boxs for typing text
in
django can do that with newforms... You can also just generate the text boxes in the html part of your templates.
   4. also I need to make a calender I am planning to use google
calender cause of ical feeds and things like that can I print these
off (an other app maybe)?
What do you mean "print these off" Django runs on a web server. You can build dynamic content from any number of data sources, yes. You can generate pdfs, and html documents, and those can be printed. Django is on top of python-- anything you can do in python can be done on the fly using django.

I'd suggest going through the django tutorial, and flipping through the django book. If you don't have any experience with python, I recommend starting with the book "Dive into Python"

Good luck!

Jeff Anderson