On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:21 AM, mwebs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I was trying to use this, but I got an no-attribute-tag-field-error...
> I also tried tagging.TagField() and models.TagField()
>
> Any idea?

Try this, Toni.

At the top of my models file, I have this import:

from tagging.fields import TagField

where "tagging" is the directory where I made a SVN checkout of the
django-tagging app. Make sure that's in your python-path somewhere.
This may be where your problem lies. The code for the tagging app has
to live somewhere so that your import calls can find it.

In my model definition, I use TagField like:

tags = TagField(max_length=255)

When I retrieve that model, I can then get 'tags' just like I would
any attribute of the model. It will simply be a string.

If you want to turn them into links (like to a page to show all models
with that tag), the django-tagging app has methods for that as well.

/alex