On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:06 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Couldn't you also use something along the lines of
> ^price[s]/
>
> That way you are always matching at least price and will match the
> optional s on the end as well.
>
> Though I may have the syntax wrong.

Yes, it would be ok too in that case, because it's at the end of the word.
But if I want to check something like this:
^ex(?:a|e)mple

it would not work with your proposal.
I'm a French speaker, and the English and French syntax are close, and I
always find myself mixing them up...
Not that I will integrate an URL matching like that one, but for the sake of
the example (or is it exemple ?? I'm never sure...)