Karen Tracey wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 3:29 AM, M.Ganesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>

>     Karen Tracey wrote:
>     > On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Karen Tracey
>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM, M.Ganesh
>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     >     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >         Hi All,
>     >
>     >         I have this url to start a note_l1 addition :
>     >         '/contacts/note_l1/add/?entity=2'
>     >
>     >         This reaches the server and my code intact. An 'Add; page is
>     >         displayed.
>     >         After I fill the form and press the 'Add' button only the
>     >         '/contacts/note_l1/add/' portion reaches the server. the
>     >         '?entity=2'  is
>     >         missing. I want to use this 'entity=2' info to redirect
>     to the
>     >         relevant
>     >         page. Unable to figure out what is happening. Can somebody
>     >         kindly have a
>     >         look.
>     >
>     >         The details are here : http://dpaste.com/hold/53853/
>     >
>     >         Thanks in advance
>     >
>     >
>     >     The url used for the form's POST is specified on the <form>
>     action
>     >     attribute.  What are you specifying for action= in your
>     template?
>     >     Dot goes back to the same page, but I don't believe it carries
>     >     along query strings.  So if you want your POST to include a
>     query
>     >     string I think you'll need to pass it through from the GET
>     >     handling part of your view into your template so it can be
>     >     included as part of the form's action attribute.
>     >
>     >
>     > Oops, also meant to mention probably a more common way of handling
>     > this kind of thing is via a hidden field in your form.
>     >
>     > Karen
>     Thanks Karen for your suggestion. But I further played around with the
>     above setup and have some intriguing observations.
>
>     Instead of adding a 'note_l1' object, I tried adding a 'emailid'
>     object.
>     The view function worked as expected. The differences   between the
>     'note_l1' and 'emailid' objects, as far as I could see are :
>     1. 'emailid' is a plain model whereas 'note_l1' is inherited from an
>     abstract model.
>     2. 'note_l1'  involves genericRelations

> [...]
Thanks Karen, for providing the insight into 'POST' behavior. I'll use
hidden fields to achieve my purpose.

Incidentally,  I  tried the above code with Apache-mod_python as well.
The access.log of apache is here : http://dpaste.com/hold/54002/.  There
POST request also get the url parameters. Still it behaves the same way
as with runserver.

Thanks for your time once again
Regards Ganesh