Hello,

lately I installed a middleware to track user activity on my website
(mainly code from this blog post
http://whijo.net/blog/brad/2007/07/19/statistics-logging-django.html)

I use the following middleware classes:
MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
     'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
     'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
     'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
     'django.middleware.http.SetRemoteAddrFromForwardedFor',
     'tucent.analytics.middleware.Activity',
     'django.middleware.transaction.TransactionMiddleware',
)

The problem is that if I enter urls without trailing slash I get an
error in my Activity class inside the process_response function.
The cause for this error is that process_response gets called before the
process_request has been called and a required variable is not instanciated.

How can that be? When CommonMiddleware is redirecting the request
without the trailing slash this should never reach my Activity
middleware? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Constantin