Scott Moonen wrote:
>> I think this way, apache could be a little more faster. Am I right?
>>

> I don't think it will be faster.  Django normally runs as a long-standing
> process (either inside Apache or as a standalone process, depending on the
> deployment model you've chosen).  So, unlike ordinary CGI scripts, your
> Python bytecode will not need to be generated except for the very first time
> that your code is loaded.  Once it's up and running it will already be in
> memory so it won't need to be reinterpreted.

When I first noticed that mod_python didn't seem to spit out .pyc files,
I figured that this was a "feature" because of its one-time loading
nature. I kind of liked the concept because .pyc files seem like clutter
sometimes. Good to know that my assumption was wrong. I'm going to keep
my permissions the way that they are. :)