Hi Rishabh,

> This is what I was thinking, but I thought there was a glimmer of hope of
> achieving this without moving over to newforms-admin. Is there absolutely no
> way to do this using trunk??

There is:

1. You can tweak the django.contrib.auth models.py file in your local
installation i.e. tweak list_filters to your needs in User.Admin inner
class there.

2. You can disable the auth application, make a copy of it in your own
Python path, say /my/pythonapps/auth and tweak it there.

3. You can "monkey patch" the list_filters option on the Admin inner
class This is highly ugly but won't require you to change the Django
Admin class. Basically, in one of your root level Python modules'
__init__.py insert this:

from django.contrib.auth.models import User
User._meta.admin.list_filter = None # <--- or replace with whatever
filter you want

> I'll give newforms-admin a shot on my dev box over the weekend and see what
> comes out of it. I will research this too, but are there any backwards
> incompatible changes between the current trunk and the newforms-admin
> branch?? I'm thinking the qs-rf merge maybe introduced some issues...

Apart from the admin classes being specified in a different way and
the URLs.py syntax for including admin being different, there should
be no backward incompatible changes. The newforms-admin (nfa) branch
fairly frequently imports latest trunk changes. Here's the last merge
from trunk to nfa: (http://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/7604) In
particular, all qs-rf changes from trunk are already in nfa.

Hope this helps you decide.

-Rajesh