Chris H. wrote:
> On Jun 19, 12:53 am, "M.Ganesh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> May be you can try this model :
>>

> While I could store each comment off as an instance of a Comments
> model, I don't really have a need to do so.  I'm wanting to have the
> comments stored as a TextField on the main object since there's no
> need to reference them individually.
>
> I suppose I could also create an Abstract Base Class for this,
> something like CommentableItemBase that would have the functionality
> defined there to keep it DRY.

Sorry Chris, I am not able to understand what you mean.

1. Do you mean, you will have one big TextField per object and keep
appending the comments about that object to the end of that TextField?
How big will be your TextField then and how many comments you expect per
object?

2. Are you talking about creating an abstract class similar to the model
I showed? Go ahead and do it. In fact that was an abstract class in my
code, and I changed it to a normal class before sending to avoid distraction

HTH

Ganesh